Why buy a new build property
Aug 27, 2015
Have you thought about buying a new build home? Buying a new build house can present many opportunities such as picking your own décor, access to incentives and much more.
There are many advantages to buying a new build home such as:
- It is unlikley to require any big repairs or redecorating as everything will be brand new
- Most new builds come with a 10 year warranty and protection scheme
- Incentives can be available such as free carpets, help with legal fees and stamp duty, or even part exchange etc.
- New homes tend to be more energy efficient
- they offer a blank canvas for you to put your own stamp on it
- There’s no owners so its chain free
- Safety and security, new homes often have alarms, fire doors etc.
- Location, new homes are often built where there’s high demand meaning a great and convenient location
- Depending on the stage of the plot you may be able to choose some of the décor.
Things to consider:
- You may have to wait for the property to be built and finished
- Take into consideration hidden costs
- Check what’s included in the sale
- Do your research
- Go along to any open days and visit the show home and always make sure you walk around the whole development
If you’re looking to buy a new build, start your search here or take a look at the below.
- All Categories
- Mortgages & Money (15)
- Buying & Selling (20)
- Business (2)
- Celebrity Home Front (4)
- Commercial (3)
- Dream Homes (2)
- Home Improvements (2)
- Homeowner Advice (4)
- Renting & Letting (4)
- House Prices (4)
- Industry News (4)
- Lands & Sites (1)
- Students (1)
- New Homes (1)
- Overseas (2)
- Local News (5)
- Landlord Advice (7)
- SPR Properties Estate Agent News (4)
- Stephen Rea Estate Agents News (2)